The arrival of The New Year on Cusco bring us excitements, not only because we say good bay to the old year but because of the people get filled and energized by the ancient city, giving all his expectations and hopes in the new incoming year. That is why many people make different kinds of rituals or “Cabalas” to ask the achievement of his desires.
In the following paragraphs, we will let you know some of this Rituals or “Cabalas” that people use to do:
- Running around the main square, allows you to make the travel that you wish in the following income new year.
- Take out the heaviest thing you own, that is no longer useful, like armchairs, old stuffs and others.
- To gift or discard old clothes and shoes that you do not use anymore.
- Clean the house, sweep and brush every single corner of the house.
- Ring a bell in each corner of the house.
- To place in the bedrooms and dinner room, branch of minds and yellow roses.
- Dress the dining table whit the best tablecloth, and to ignite spearmint incense, candle and colorful fresh fruits, do not let out peach for the love and abundant food.
- Flowers and candies at the house entrance.
- A bowl filled whit lentil, rice and coins.
- Avoid the lack of wheat stem that is for the abundance, and keep every single light turned on.
- In addition, to close this list, we cannot let out the 12 grapes; each grapes represent one desire to for the next year.
¿ Do you already know where to do the final count? We can suggest you some of the best places here in Cusco, to receive The New Year 2017 ?
DO YOU ALREADY KNOW WHERE TO RECEIVE THE NEW YEAR 2017 HERE IN CUSCO?